The aim of Victorian Quilters Inc. is to bring quilters throughout Victoria together, promoting the art of patchwork and quilting, while supporting and encouraging the establishment and activities of quilting groups. Victorian Quilters Inc. aims to foster interest in the history of patchwork and quilting, as well as to encourage high standards of design and workmanship in both traditional and contemporary areas.
We sponsor and support patchwork and quilting activities, specifically lectures, workshops and exhibitions.
Announcement regarding events
Victorian Quilters Inc. COVID-19 Policy
UPDATE 13 Feb 2021
Due to the current COVID restrictions Victorian Quilters Inc. events, including the Gathering on 20 March 2021 and Very Snuggly Quilt making days have been cancelled. The committee do not wish to further compromise the health and well being of our members.
Members will receive an email regarding these changes.
In view of the COVID pandemic the committee has considered how future events may be held to ensure the health and safety of our members and visitors. While the Victorian Government will change some requirements from time to time, the committee recommends that the following policy be followed for the foreseeable future.
- Fitted face masks will be worn.
- Greetings to be cordial but do not include hugs etc.
- BYO mug, lunch and snacks. (No shared food).
- Tea & coffee will be provided in individually packed sachets and disposable stirrers provided.
- It may be necessary to pre-book & pay prior to attending and event, as the number of people attending each venue may change from time to time. The venue will determine the number attending as restricted by the government at the time of the event. When the number able to attend the event is reached, the booking site will close.
- Social distancing recommendations will be followed (as determined from time to time).
- You will be required to provide your name & telephone contact number, time of arrival and departure. It is suggested that you bring your own pen.
- It is preferred that any payments be made via card rather than cash.
Until a vaccine for COVID-19 is readily available, and all restrictions have been lifted, we feel that following these guidelines will assist in keeping everyone safe and well. It goes without saying we will miss the wonderful morning & afternoon teas as well as the hugs on arrival and departure.
Message from the President
We are starting to prepare for Showcase 2021 and hope that all will go to plan this year.
The on-line entry system was working very well and we are going to continue using this method for the future; from 2021 no paper entries will be accepted. We think the entry system is very easy to follow once you have logged in for the first time. The entry form will be available on-line from the 1st April 2021. It would be a good idea if you could login prior to then. Please contact us if you have any problems.
For the most up-to-date information regarding Showcase 2021, including cut-off dates etc., please click here.