The aim of Victorian Quilters Inc. is to bring quilters throughout Victoria together, promoting the art of patchwork and quilting, while supporting and encouraging the establishment and activities of quilting groups. Victorian Quilters Inc. aims to foster interest in the history of patchwork and quilting, as well as to encourage high standards of design and workmanship in both traditional and contemporary areas.
We sponsor and support patchwork and quilting activities, specifically lectures, workshops and exhibitions.
Our aims include :
- supporting and encouraging the establishment and activities of quilting groups.
- Foster an interest in the history of patchwork and quilting, as well as to encourage high standards of design and workmanship in both traditional and contemporary areas.
- Sponsor and support patchwork and quilting activities, specifically exhibitions and lectures.
- Via the Victorian Quilters Very Snuggly Quilt Auxiliary at the Royal Children’s Hospital, we gift approximately two thousand quilts each year to children, with a chronic life threatening illness. The aim of this program is to bring some comfort and support to both the child and their family at a very difficult time.
- Through community quilt making days to provide opportunities for the public to learn more about the craft of patchwork and quilting and to create quilts for the Very Snuggly Quilt program.
Victorian Quilters Inc meets four times a year. These Gatherings are hosted by member groups and are a wonderful way for patchworkers and quilters from all over the State to get together and share their love of the craft.
We publish a quarterly magazine, Vic Quilter, which is distributed to all members and sponsors. We also publish a regular newsletter via email and you can keep up to date with the latest for Victorian Quilters Inc AUS and the Very Snuggly Quilt Program via Facebook and Instagram.
Victorian Quilters Inc is an Incorporated Association and the members elect a committee of management, to manage the business of the organization. Elections are held at the Annual General Meeting, which is usually held in August. Members are encouraged to nominate for the committee of management.
Each year, the Victorian Quilters Inc Quilt Showcase is held in association with The Craft and Quilt Fair, normally held in July at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf. This judged exhibition displays the work of members that encompasses a wide variety of techniques and includes traditional, modern, pictorial, and contemporary quilts. The entrants include amateur and professional quilters. Primary and secondary school students are also encouraged to enter this exhibition.
One Step Further is another exciting exhibition which seeks to further the skills and boundless imagination of quilt and textile artists. This exhibition is held biennially and is open to all quilt artists.
Victorian Quilters can be contacted via:
Mail: PO Box 261 FLINDERS LANE 8009