Victorian Quilters Inc. with our Sponsors
Are Proud to Present the
ONE STEP FURTHER EXHIBITION 2022
Contemporary Textile Artwork – An open, juried exhibition
3rd October – 26th November 2022
Kyabram Town Hall
199 Allan Street,
Entries are now closed.
This exhibition is open to all textile artists in Australia & New Zealand, not just members of Victorian Quilters Inc. It is a biennial exhibition and in keeping with the contemporary theme, One Step Further is purely for entrants who wish to push the boundaries of quilt making. A maximum of two entries per person is permitted.
This is an exhibition of contemporary and innovative textile art. As the name implies it is expected that the work entered go ‘one step further’ in style, technique and presentation but still a quilt, as defined in the conditions.
- All art work must be the original work of the maker, and not a copy or variation of another artist’s work, and not begun or produced in a class or workshop, or under the supervision of another person.
- Work is not to have been previously exhibited anywhere and must have been completed since January 2020
- The textile must be predominantly fibre, composed of at least two layers stitched together throughout the piece.
- A Hanging Sleeve with a finished depth of 10cm must be securely attached to the back. Any special hanging arrangements required by the presenting gallery will be advised in your email of acceptance.
- All works require a label with the title, maker’s name, address and contact details
Conditions of Entry
- The exhibition is open to all textile artists residing in Australia and New Zealand.
- TEXTILE WORK – The outer perimeter of the work must not exceed 7 metres.
- All work MUST be complete at time of photography & entry to assist the Jury process.
- Each entry is a $30 non-refundable entry fee.
- Framed Entries will not be accepted.
The artist is responsible for all costs relating to insurance, packing and shipping of the quilt, both to and from Victorian Quilters Inc.
Exhibitors are advised to insure their work under the makers household items cover within their home insurance, with reference ‘outside the home’ time period. All care will be taken to insure that work receive the proper care while in the collector’s care and the exhibition space.
Victorian Quilters Inc. reserves the right to not hang any quilt which does not meet the criteria or contravenes the rules in any way. Acceptance of an entry does not automatically guarantee display.
This is a judged exhibition. The judges’ decisions will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Victorian Quilters Inc. reserves the right to photograph and permit to be photographed, all items for the Victorian Quilters Inc. archives, for publication in print and on our website, social media and for other appropriate purposes.
Postal instructions for delivery and return will be advised on acceptance of entry after the Jury process.
Further enquires email Leslie Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org