Victorian Quilters Inc. with Brother International are proud to present:
ONE STEP FURTHER EXHIBITION 2020
Contemporary Textile Artwork – An open, juried exhibition
6th October to 15th November
Kyabram Town Hall
199 Allan Street,
Entries close 1st August, 2020
This exhibition is open to all textile artists in Australia & New Zealand, not just members of Victorian Quilters Inc. It is a biennial exhibition and in keeping with the contemporary theme, One Step Further is purely for entrants who wish to push the boundaries of quilt making.
This is an exhibition of contemporary and innovative textile art. As the name implies it is expected that the work entered go ‘one step further’ in style, technique and presentation but still a quilt, as defined in the conditions.
- All art work must be the original work of the maker, and not a copy or variation of another artist’s work, and not begun or produced in a class or workshop, or under the supervision of another person.
- Work is not to have been previously exhibited anywhere and must have been completed since January 2018
- The textile must be predominantly fibre, composed of at least two layers stitched together throughout the piece.
- A Hanging Sleeve with a finished depth of 10cm must be securely attached to the back. Any special hanging arrangements required by the presenting gallery will be advised in your email of acceptance.
- All works require a label with the title, maker’s name, address and contact details
Conditions of Entry
- The exhibition is open to all textile artists.
- TEXTILE WORK – The outer perimeter of the work must not exceed 7 metres.
***Entries will be online in 2020, at Victorian Quilters Inc. website***
- All work MUST be complete at time of photography & entry to assist the Jury process.
- Each entry is a $30 non-refundable entry fee.
- Framed Entries will not be accepted.
*** Please note, online entry form is currently under construction, please check back again soon.
Winners for 2019